Contact us for 2023 membership by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a tourism operator, and are an active member of your local DMO and/or Sector Association - let us know and we will extend complimentary membership for 2023.
We want to keep you engaged and allow you to align with your sector/local area - so that we can represent you, while you take this time to rebuild. For tourism operators, the complimentary membership is valid for one year from the date you signed up.
Thank you for sharing how your tourism operation has been impacted. We have heard you, we have advocated for you, and now we are pleased to offer one more way to ease your bottom line, increase your engagement, and provide an even more inclusive message as we represent your voice to the provincial government.
Our members have been incredibly supportive of TIAO, assisting us when we were in need, always willing to be there, and it is our turn to give back. We will be extending:
Complimentary membership to tourism operators in Ontario for 2023 as long as they are members of their local DMO/Sector Association.. The rates listed below indicate the value of your membership. For RTOs, DMOs, Sector Associations, Government, Suppliers and Educators - the membership rates for 2023 are as indicated below.
If you are a tourism operator that would like to contribute more than your membership dollars to TIAO to support our advocacy efforts, you can do so in one of two methods:
- Sponsorship of an existing action - Tourism Issues Forum, Policy Speaker Series, AGM, and/or Ontario Tourism Summit
- Become a Green shoots sponsor 🌱 - For those members that can afford to pay more their membership, we will recognize the value of their existing membership through sponsorship (Green shoots sponsor) and use this value of their membership to continue the research and vital actions to rebuild and represent the industry’s voice to government in Ontario.
How does this work if I want to become a member of TIAO?
Welcome, we are glad to extend this to the industry. We ask that you reach out to us directly at: email@example.com We will set up your membership. We will also extend to you the option as we do to our existing members.
- Membership within TIAO for a period of one year from date of signing.
- Opportunity to sponsor an existing action - Tourism Issues Forum, Policy Speaker Series, AGM, and/or Ontario Tourism Summit AND/OR become a Green shoots sponsor 🌱 - For those members that can afford to pay more their membership, we will recognize the value of their existing membership through sponsorship (Green shoots sponsor) and use this value of their membership to continue the research and vital actions to rebuild and represent the industry’s voice to government in Ontario.
TIAO is recognized as the umbrella government advocacy organization serving Ontario's diverse tourism industry. We facilitate conversations between industry and government to affirm the economic value of tourism.
Annual membership provides members with:
- Exclusive member only access on TIAO website that contains resources
- Timely updates on new or under review legislation
- Invitation to TIAO's annual lobby event: Tourism Day at Queen's Park
- Special pricing on all TIAO events, such as the Ontario Tourism Summit and other events
- A voice that contributes to influencing favourable public policy and decision making by government.
- Access to a collaborative network of businesses, partners and allies that support the tourism industry
Supplementary Member Benefits
GreenStep Sustainable Tourism
TIAO has partnered with GreenStep Sustainable Tourism to deliver sustainable tourism certification programs to businesses in Ontario.
As the exclusive purveyor of Sustainable Tourism certification in the province, TIAO can offer affiliate Sustainable Tourism memberships, including preferred rates for TIAO members.
SilkStart is the most comprehensive, easy-to-use management software specifically designed for associations. As the exclusive provincial provider for SilkStart, TIAO members receive the benefit of ongoing savings—extended on initial setup, and via discounts on monthly fees.
Baxter Student Ambassador Program
Aimed at students graduating from travel, tourism and hospitality programs, the Baxter Student Ambassador Program recognizes students based on a combination of academic success, community involvement, leadership skills and a skill-testing webinar presentation. As part of this strategic partnership, Baxter Student
Ambassadors receive access to TIAO's network and resource library, among other perks such as a free registration to the Ontario Tourism Summit.
Interested in extending group health benefits to your members? Receive a complimentary price plan review and quotation from Group Lockhart. In alliance with Manulife Financial, help retain good employees and reduce turnover costs. Volume purchasing power for tax-free benefits such as Group Life, Accidental Death, Disability Income benefits, Prescription drug coverage, health coverage, dental coverage as well as tax effective savings through group retirement plans.