Stay tuned for finalists to be announced in the Fall.
How To Apply
1) Download the award nomination form of your choice, and carefully read over the descriptions and criteria.
2) Be sure to answer each criterion to the best of your ability. Every answer must be labelled with the appropriate question number or letter. Submissions will be accepted in sentence, paragraph or point form. Written submissions must not exceed five (5) pages. NOTE: supporting materials such as reference letters, economic impact information, photos, etc. do not count towards the five (5) page maximum.
3) For award submission tips, please refer to this document: Application Tips - Ontario Tourism Awards of Excellence.
4) To submit your nomination, you have the option to submit electronically or by mail.
5a) If you're submitting your nomination electronically:
- Email to Haddas Lederman: email@example.com
- Subject line: <Title of Award> Submission
5b) If you're submitting your nomination by mail:
- Print five (5) copies of your nomination and five (5) copies of your nomination checklist (signed and attached to each copy as a cover page).
- Mail your submission to: Tourism Industry Association of Ontario (TIAO) c/o Haddas Lederman, 439 University Avenue, Suite 1400, Toronto, ON M5G 1Y8.
6) Nominations must be received no later than Wednesday, June 26, 2019. If you do not receive confirmation of receipt, or if you have any questions, please contact Haddas Lederman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-691-4170.
Tourism Innovator of the Year
Recognizes an organization or individual that created a new innovative product, policy or service to promote and enhance tourism in their local community, region or the province of Ontario.
Tourism Event of the Year
Presented to a festival or event that exemplifies industry best practices in all aspects of its operation. Entries are open to many different types of events: cultural, historical, musical, arts, sporting, culinary, literary, amusement, general interest, etc.
Tourism Champion of the Year
Given to an individual who embodies the spirit of tourism in Ontario. This person should be directly involved with the industry (as an employee, business owner, volunteer, advocate, etc.) and be able to give evidence of their contributions.
Tourism Employer of the Year
Recognizes an organization that has developed an admirable reputation as a great place to work, and that has established itself as an upstanding example of Ontario’s tourism industry.
Sustainable Tourism Award
Recognizes an organization, individual or initiative that has made a viable and maintainable contribution to the practice and promotion of sustainable tourism in Ontario.
Accessible Tourism Award
Acknowledges an organization that operates an outstanding accessible hospitality and tourism business that complies with Ontario Accessibility standards and is recognized by employees and customers as a leader in providing an inclusive experience for all visitors. Areas of interest include the provision of accessible service, employment, built environment and accessible information and communications.
Indigenous Tourism Award
Recognizes an organization, individual or experience that has demonstrated a commitment to the development and promotion of authentic, cultural Indigenous experiences for visitors to Ontario.
Lifetime Achievement Award
Recognizes individuals who have made significant contributions to the development and promotion of Ontario’s tourism industry, and established a visible, long-term record of accomplishment that merits special attention.