OPEN FOR NOMINATIONS
Submission deadline Friday, July 19, 2019
NOTE: Self-nomination and nomination of a third party are permitted.
How to Apply
1) Download the award nomination form of your choice, and carefully read over the descriptions and criteria.
2) Be sure to answer each criterion to the best of your ability. Every answer must be labelled with the appropriate question number or letter. Submissions will be accepted in sentence, paragraph or point form. Written submissions must not exceed five (5) pages. NOTE: supporting materials such as reference letters, economic impact information, photos, etc. do not count towards the five (5) page maximum.
3) For award submission tips, please refer to this document: Application Tips - Ontario Tourism Awards of Excellence.
4) To submit your nomination, you have the option to submit electronically or by mail.
5a) If you're submitting your nomination electronically:
- Email to Haddas Lederman: email@example.com
- Subject line: <Title of Award> Submission
5b) If you're submitting your nomination by mail:
- Mail your submission to: Tourism Industry Association of Ontario (TIAO) c/o Haddas Lederman, 439 University Avenue, Suite 1400, Toronto, ON M5G 1Y8.
6) Nominations must be received no later than Friday, July 19, 2019. If you do not receive confirmation of receipt, or if you have any questions, please contact Haddas Lederman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-691-4170.
Tourism Digital Marketing Award
Applies to digital marketing activities or campaigns that promote tourism in Ontario. This could include online advertising, consumer e-mails and other digital activities that feature Ontario tourism destinations, attractions, products, etc.
Tourism Marketing Partnership Award
Applies to any partnership that combines two or more stakeholders who come together to jointly promote tourism in Ontario through a marketing activity. Each partner must have contributed to the initiative financially or in-kind.
Tourism Marketing Campaign Award UNDER $50,000
Applies to marketing campaigns that promote tourism in Ontario. The marketing budget for the overall campaign must be less than $50,000 including any creative, production, media buying, printing, supplier costs or in-kind contributions. The campaign must include one or more advertising or marketing tactics including print, radio, television or digital advertising, social media and media relations.
Tourism Marketing Campaign Award OVER $50,000
Applies to marketing campaigns that promote tourism in Ontario. The marketing budget for the overall campaign must be $50,000 or more including any creative, production, media buying, printing, supplier costs or in-kind contributions. The campaign must include one or more advertising or marketing tactics including but print, radio, television or digital advertising, social media and media relations.
Travel Media Award
Applies to any travel media story or photography published provincially, nationally or internationally that features tourism in Ontario. This could include published articles, featured stories, or photography in print, TV, radio, online (including blogs or vlogs). Advertising features are not eligible in this category.