The TIAO Ontario Traveller Perception and Behaviour Monitor: Understanding how to connect with high-value Ontario travel consumers
Understanding the data and insights void in Ontario around perceptions, intentions and behaviours of Ontario travel consumers, the Tourism Industry Association of Ontario and Skift Advisory have partnered to launch the TIAO Ontario Traveller Perception and Behaviour Monitor.
This quantitative-based market research study will track how Ontario travel consumers perceive destinations and assess their overall travel intentions and behaviours. The syndicated research program including bi-annual reports and insights briefings is designed to directly support Ontario RTOs, DMOs and tourism operators make better informed business decisions around destination and experience development.
Regular tourism market research has historically been prohibitively expensive for RTOs and DMOs. As a result, the current understanding of the needs and aspirations of Ontario travel consumers is largely based on anecdotal evidence and infrequent data-heavy research.
The TIAO Ontario Traveller Perception and Behaviour Monitor finally overcomes the tourism data availability limitations in Ontario. Understanding the importance of this data to our industry, this partnership has allowed Skift Advisory to be able to extend a significantly reduced cost through group pricing, allowing the industry to access insightful analysis and contextual data on Ontario's dynamic tourism economy from regular surveying of representative samples of Ontario travel consumers.
Key benefits for your RTO/DMO:
1. Regular access to quantitative market research on the Ontario travel consumer market
2. Insightful analysis to directly support destination development, management, and marketing efforts
3. Current understanding on how market and societal trends are shaping Ontario travel behaviour
4. Determine how best to position destinations and experiences to attract high-value Ontario travel consumers
5. Align how your destination's unique competitive advantage aligns to Ontario travel consumer needs and aspirations
What's on offer by joining the research program:
1. Two insights reports per year (January: Winter & Spring Season / July: Summer & Fall Season)
2. Two insights briefings per year
3. Access to a suite of thought leadership specific to Ontario's tourism economy
Options for your RTO/DMO:
Standard: Insights Reports + Insights Briefings
Premium: Insights Reports + Fully customized destination Insights Briefings
Elite: Insights Reports + Fully customized destination Insights Briefings + Up to 3 additional Research Questions specific to the destination + Optional: Activation Workshops with focus on Product Development and Investment Attraction
Do you want to elevate your decision making to the next level to out compete the market? Let's set up a conversation
Oliver Martin, Senior Director
Michelle Gounden, Director: Destination Insights
Aleix Rodríguez Brunsoms, Director: Destination Strategy